Dienstag, 24. Juni 2014

My CAJ Experience

I guess the CAJ exam tomorrow will mark the end of this project and therefore the end of my blogging about cyberwar. In a way I am, of course, relieved that I finally concluded another task this semester, but I am also a bit sad for not having an excuse for researching an actually interesting topic on the internet. To end my CAJ project and to get a bit of an overview of my blogposts, I will use this post to resume my work and to talk a bit about what I learned from this project.

In the last few posts (I don't know exactly how many posts I wrote related to cyberwar) I talked about hackers, about what they are doing, their punishments when they get involved in cyberwar, the wish for their recruitment to reinforce cyber security, their targets and the difficulty of tracking them, as well as about a cyber conflict that involved Israeli and Saudi Arabian teams of hackers. I also talked about the two, probably most famous cyber attacks: Stuxnet and The Estonian Cyberwar. Looking at cyberwar from a different angle, I talked about the role timing played in cyber attacks, about a mathematical equation for calculating the perfect moment to attack and about the argument that "a cyberwar won't exist". As cyberwar is also directly linked to cyber security, I introduced a TED talk about cyber security and linked this to preparations for a cyberwar by the U.S as well as to cyberwar games. Last but not least, I tried to link cyberwar to the use of drones by the military and the revolution that could cyberwarfare could lead to in the military.

Looking back at my blogposts I regret that I did not focus on some more aspects of cyberwar. Even though I read about the different cyberwar scenarios that people fear, I never blogged about it. I could have easily linked this to doomsday preppers for example. I would also have liked to talk about an experiment when hackers succeeded in hacking into a car by using radio frequences, or to talk about some more famous cyber attacks.

If I had the chance to start the project all over again, I would start with simply reading a lot about cyberwar. Then I would go on to create a mind map about all the different topics I read about and how they could relate to each other. I would plan my posts better and try to bring them into order before actually putting them online, instead of letting myself be led from one topic to another.

Even so, I have to say that I greatly enjoyed this project. I learned a lot about cyberwar and cyber security, but I also learned a lot in English. Looking back at this project also taught me how important organization is, mainly if a project develops over a period of several weeks or even months.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen