Freitag, 16. Mai 2014

CAJ: Cyberwar Abstract

The purpose of my CAJ is for me to learn more about cyberwar and about  a potential threat to the future of human beings. In my CAJ I will not only try to cover famous cyber threats, but also the difficulties in defining recent cyberattacks as cyberwar and the probability of the future outbreak of a cyberwar. For getting more information on those topics, I read a lot about cyberwar in various scientific journals as well as on websites dedicated to cyber security and to technology in general, but I equally listened to TED talks on topics related to cyberwar. What I figured out so far is that a big difficulty in defining cyberwar is the fact that it is hard to track cyberattacks back to its source and that series of cyberattacks can only be considered an act of war if a nation is behind its operation. This further leads to the assumption that the outbreak of a cyberwar is highly unlikely. To further research these topics, I will attempt to find out more about the different forms of cyberattacks that could be used in cyberwar. I will equally try to research theories about the potential risk of a cyberwar outbreak.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen