Sonntag, 17. November 2013

Vocabulary Notebook

In this post I am going to concentrate on my vocabulary-studying techniques and on several websites that i consider important for broadening my vocabulary. Just as most of the other SUK3 students I had to prepare for the vocabulary section on PC1, the usage of Porter words. In most cases I despise studying vocabulary as it’s quite tiring and repetitive, but using vocabulary.com facilitated my old methods quite a lot. As vocabulary.com provides a great variety of different manners of checking vocabulary, I had to stay concentrated. This led to me not always falling asleep, luckily. Another thing that I like about this website is that I can see how much I have improved, how much progress I have made, which helps a lot in staying motivated. 

Apart from vocabulary.com I enjoy using websites such as merriam-webster.com or thesaurus.com for writing academic texts. Thesaurus.com is probably one of the best sources for synonyms and antonyms, while meeriam-webster.com provides a range of different games related to studying vocabulary. They offer, for eyample, a "Name-the-thing" and a "Vocabulary" quiz, which are not only fun to do but consist of quite interesting words (of mostly high register)






Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen